Many federal employees are represented by unions and are protected by federal labor laws. ALG attorneys are well-versed in the complexities of federal sector labor laws and can help union officials and members understand those often complex laws.
Federal sector unions must navigate an array of overlapping issues and governing laws and agencies. Unions are expected to represent their bargaining units through negotiations and collective bargaining and by representing employees in disciplinary matters, grievances and grievance arbitrations, and unfair labor practices. For many of these issues, especially grievance arbitrations, having the assistance of a team of experienced attorney advocates is invaluable.
ALG has represented or assisted unions in forums including:
- Federal Labor Relations Authority (FLRA)
- Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service (FMCS)
- Federal Service Impasse Panel (FSIP)
- Office of Congressional Compliance
ALG has assisted unions and unionized workers with numerous issues, including but not limited to:
- Bargaining unit election and clarification petitions,
- Negotiations, collective bargaining, and impasse resolution,
- Negotiability determinations,
- Requests for information,
- Disciplinary actions,
- Discrimination and retaliation claims,
- Grievances and grievance arbitrations,
- Unfair labor practices,
- Trainings for Union officers, stewards, and members
If you need assistance or guidance on a federal sector union matter or are interested in a workshop or training on federal sector labor law and union issues, contact us. Our goal is to assist unions and their members by providing the information and tools needed to bargain with management, pursue elections, grievances, and unfair labor practices, and to strengthen unions’ understandings of their labor rights and obligations.